• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Very odd behavior!

narf

May 7, 2010
I've had my Inc since launch and recently noticed to very very odd but serious problems:

1. The upper 1/8 of the touch screen randomly stopped working. Essentially the top line of icons would not respond nor would any app that used this part of the touchscreen. A soft reboot fixed the problem and I have not physical damage to the phone.

2. If I am put on hold for 15-20 minutes (my internet company sucks!!) and leave it on speaker phone so I know when they finally pick up, many times they cannot hear me when I say hello and will just hang up.

Has anyone experienced these problems?

Your symptoms sound like they could be caused by a third party app. Is that a possibility?

I've experienced similar issues with the screen occasionally being a little quirky. But, by occasionally, I mean one or two instances a month, and like you said, always solved by rebooting. I wouldn't worry unless you start to see permanent unresponsiveness.

Upvote 0
Your symptoms sound like they could be caused by a third party app. Is that a possibility?

I've experienced similar issues with the screen occasionally being a little quirky. But, by occasionally, I mean one or two instances a month, and like you said, always solved by rebooting. I wouldn't worry unless you start to see permanent unresponsiveness.

Great, thats what i was hoping. I'll see if i can find the responsible app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones