1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Very persistent ad pop ups

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by manageri, Sep 6, 2016.

1. manageri

manageri Lurker
    None

Sep 6, 2016
    Male
    My phone is an unrooted Lenovo k50 t3s. I keep getting pop up ads literally EVERY SINGLE TIME i turn the screen back on from standby mode. Sometimes the adds will also pop up during random activity, like playing a game. The ads open up in Chrome and/or some weird untitled fullscreen window. To clarify, this does not happen while browsing, it happens immediately upon turning the screen back on, regardless of what apps are active or installed - it can happen right away after a factory reset before ANYTHING has been changed or installed on the phone.

I've run the usual virus/malware scans (which found nothing) and restored the phone to factory settings numerous times with no results. The only temporary workaround is to have no internet connection at all (disabling javascript in Chrome doesn't help). The problem occurs with both my home wlan and 3G. I'm incredibly close to smashing this thing with a sledgehammer. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Someone else was reporting same thing with a Lenovo recently. Persistant ads, even after a factory reset.
    http://androidforums.com/threads/uc-browser-built-in-virus.1066795/#post-7380179
    Did yours have UC Browser pre-installed on it?

As the adware, malware, "virus" is evidently in /system, I'm sure the only fix would be to re-flash the firmware, somehow. Contact Lenovo service I think, in the absence of any other information on how to do it.

#2 mikedt, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016