1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Very weird malfunction after screen replacement - hardware or software?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NoebNoeb, Sep 3, 2011.

1. NoebNoeb

NoebNoeb Newbie

Just as i was about to buy a case for my Sensation i dropped it on the floor, completely cracking the screen.

Then i went to a repair shop and got a new screen installed, but something very weird has happened:

When i turn on the phone and the lock screen appear, the bottom left corner of the screen (the first 3 icons from the left and down from there) is completely unresponsive. However, after waiting for 10-15 seconds the entire screen works as normal. After that everything runs smoothely, i can use the bottom part of the display for writing messages and such.

The lock screen icon on the right is still responsive all the time, but if i use to open the app, the same part of the screen will still be unresponsive for 10-15 seconds. This includes the bottom four buttons.

So do you have any idea was is causing this 10-15 secound delay in activation of the lower left corner of screen? I have a three month warranty from the repair shop, so i can easily go back and get it fixed for free.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date was 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews