• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root VERY weird speedtest!!!

flyjbaker

Android Expert
Oct 17, 2009
I am messing around with my phone and out of the blue, I try a speedtest with the speedtest.net app. I have comcast at the house and I am literally 2 feet from the router. The wifi on my phone is OFF. I do the test....I get 2mbps down and .8mbps up???and it says Comcast is the server??? I never get anything over .7/.3 around my house. Anyway, I did turn on the wifi and got screaming results as expected...11/4. Why Comcast as the server in the first test???

I am runnning Kings GBR4. Can a ROM optimize the 3G signal in any way?...BTW...the connection does not seem noticeably faster....

under 1Mbps is the norm for 3g on my device (about 800kbps dn and 200-300 up) so youre well within reason of where you should be. When im on wifi im got 19.98 dn and 1.99 up :p sorry, had ta LoL anywho, comcast might be who it was pinged from, or something like that. I use midcontinent communications for my broadband and itll say qwest as the server im on when speedtesting, and that couldnt be further from the truth LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones