1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

very Weirddd Behavior. Please Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MohEzz, Sep 10, 2011.

1. MohEzz

MohEzz Lurker

I'm suffering from weird behavior from my SGS, I really dunno what's happening.

I have Samsung i9000 galaxy S. It's from Saudi Arabia, working fine with me for about 5 months now. the phone had Froyo, I flashed it with the same ROM (don't remember why), then I rooted it, and it was great for 4 months. My Rom now is 2.2.1, baseband I9000JXJPF , Kernel 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S606 #30
    build number FROYO.JPJPM

few days ago, I've set the alarm for work as usual, then it didn't ring, I then knew the phone screen was black and it was dead but the 2 buttons around the home button get their lights on when you touch them. I had to take out the battery then back and turn on, to find the following changes !! :

-all contacts deleted, and SIM contacts are displayed (i use google contacts)
    -logs empty
    -all SMS deleted
    -haptic feedback enabled, auto rotation enabled, GPS enabled (they were not)
    -Home button not working at all in any situation (even for task manager)
    -EVERYONE who calls me is auto rejected, but appears on my log !!! while auto rejection settings are disabled...
    -when you click Power button for a while, the Phone option that appear is only "Phone Off", so the Flight mode,Data network and [something else i don't remember], all have disappeared
    -my APNs are deleted
    -every now and then, the phone suddenly says that external SD was removed unexpectedly...

ofcourse there might be other things that I couldn't notice.
    I reset to factory settings and started all over and put some applications again, and it worked fine for 1 day then all that happened again. then to factory again but didn't install any apps, I just synced my gmail contacts and changed some settings and that's it, and it happend in like half a day......

So I knew going to factory is not a solution, so I flashed the phone with the same ROM but haven't rooted it. At this point I was very happy and thought everything was solved. Untill it happened with me NOW.....AGAIN only after 2 days from the flashing :((

It looks like it's not from an App, because it happened even when i didn't install any apps after the 2nd factory reset.

Can it be Hardware :((( ?
    or Maybe a virus ?
    should I format all storages then flash ?

Please help, my phone is new and can't receive any calls till I fix this.

Thank youuu

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sbnaul

sbnaul Well-Known Member

do a full format by typing *2767*3855# or format through recovery and then try flashing a different rom... might fix the issue...

3. MohEzz

MohEzz Lurker

I pulled out the external sd card then
    I went to recovery mode...
    -Wiped cache partition
    -formatted sd
    -reset to factory (no reason for that but just did it)

Then I flashed the phone with the same ROM (i don't have any others currently)

The phone worked fine, 1 day then the phone goes into the all-apps-force-close mode :S
    then it hangs with a black screen and lighting Back and Menu buttons..I pull out the battery then put it back, and everything is deleted again as i already mentioned...

I also want to note that just before this happens, I unlock the phone to find the task bar saying "Preparing internal storage".....I suspect a storage failure, what do you think ??

Please helpp

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews