1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verzion Nexus Car Dock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by civicsisedan, Dec 12, 2011.

1. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

A lot of people anxious to see if this car dock will work with our phone, even if it requires some slight modifications.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lord aries

lord aries Newbie

I'm hoping like mad it works, I have the verizon dock for the phone and it just doesn't do anything for me... sure it holds my phone on tight, but thats all. It seems to block most of the mic from me using it as a car phone, or using voice to text to text or search, which it shouldn't do... I don't want to be texting and driving... but you are making me. :)

IF this dock is incompatible, does anyone have a suggestion for a good universal that would work? I'm just tired of it not picking up my voice on the mic and me having to SCREAM

3. ExDementia

ExDementia Newbie

I wanted the crap out of this dock until I thought about having to take off my case every time I got in the car. I may just stick with the universal dock I have now.

Clingo Universal Car Phone Mount - Hands-free Mobile Device Use

This thing works great, BTW. My only complaint is that the head is a little loose and vibrates too easily. I remedy that by having the phone partially rest on my dash board. Also, that mount is $24.99 at Fry's Electronics.

4. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Android Enthusiast

I gave up on waiting and went with a SlipGrip HV model, amd couldn't be happier. He even makes custom-fit ones that work with cases.

kyler13, Flying_Hellfish and Gunner like this.
  5. Do any of the sites even have them listed in stock? I might be willing to take the chance if I know I could order it and have it in like a week. I am not very patient when waiting for gadgets lol.

However those slip grip mounts do look really nice and if they can be made to work with cases I may have to get one. Would definitely be nice to have for my bike when cycling.

6. Gunner

Gunner Android Enthusiast

7. Gunner

Expansys now states "Tuesday 28th February 2012" as the release date for the GSM dock. And as others have said, they're stating that it will not be compatible w/ the LTE Nexus.

Oh, how I wish Seidio would pick up the ball that has been dropped so badly by Sammy/Verizon.

8. Namrak

Namrak Android Expert

way to stick to the schedule Samsung

9. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Android Enthusiast

10. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

So it is now over a three month wait for GSM GNex's to get their car docks...

I am going to stand by my opinion the reason Verizon put their dock without the pins out there, is because they knew it would take forever for Sammy to get the pin'd one out. Something is better than nothing.

jbdan and Mr. Link like this.
  11. That is great news.

That is a good possibility.

Some 3rd party really needs to pickup the ball and make a dock with pins.

12. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Android Expert

Has any 3rd party ever made a dock that used the pins?

Seems like a lot of R&D would be needed to make it function properly and they would be way behind Samsung and their progress.

13. Gunner

Sounds like Google might actually be at fault here. Seems there's an issue in ICS preventing the GN from working properly w/ the docks (if you believe Expansys/Sammy). I'm taking a wild guess that there's an issue w/ the GN recognizing which dock it's in, and triggering the appropriate action (like Car Home, BT audio, etc.).

Latest post from Expansys:
    Nexus accessories on hold because of software issue - Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Vehicle Mount Support Forum - Expansys.com UK

14. lord aries

lord aries Newbie

WTF people... this product is obviously in demand, and it isn't that hard to do. This is a simple product to make compared to many of the other products out there, and shouldn't take this long to make.

15. Ciggy

Ciggy Well-Known Member

Not very promising. But they didnt say never!

16. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

FYI, with the 4.0.4 SW update, docks now work, including 3 pin versions.

17. bsg273

bsg273 Lurker

Do you know this from reading a changelog or did you actually try wedging the Verizon Galaxy Nexus into the Euro dock?

18. SQurel23

SQurel23 Newbie

If its a software update that makes the 3 pin connectors work then how are some working with the desktop dock that are still on 4.0.2?

19. bsg273

bsg273 Lurker

Are you talking about the landscape or portrait dock? Because the portrait one plugs into micro usb.

20. SQurel23

SQurel23 Newbie

The landscape official samsung one...there has been a few reviews on it and i dont think they were rooted phones running 4.0.4

21. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

We have actual landscape and portrait docks for the Verizon version. Don't know the go to market plans.

22. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

The docks do not launch the clock or support audio in 4.0.2

23. nmbs

nmbs Newbie

24. Ciggy

Ciggy Well-Known Member

how does this mount? not sure i can tell from the picture anyway to use a suction cup mount with this? It's a very good alternative + nfc sticker for bluetooth and volumes.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews