• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Veteran Mac/Verizon, new to Droid

I'm sort of rushing to search for tips and answers to my questions about me new Droid... but thought I'd share the courtesy of saying hello. I am one of the Verizon minions unwilling to leave for an iPhone. As a Mac maven since 1984, that's big. I've made do very nicely with an iPod touch and ordinary Motorola flip phone, but have wished for an all in one cool device that would not necessitate WiFi hopping to check email (or data charges on my silly little flip phone.) With a serviceable camera. And video. And syncable calendars with my Mac. Once I found BusySync and easily saw my 4-layer iCal perfectly replicated on Google's calendar, that's all she wrote. I jumped in my car and headed for the Verizon store Friday evening.

I had been awaiting the Palm Pre, but got inspired to jump for Droid. I must say, it's a treat. Much to learn, rough edges to be smoothed by Google, and handy apps to be built by all those clever developers out there....

But I must say I am pleased and happy with my new Droid pal.

I'm sort of rushing to search for tips and answers to my questions about me new Droid... but thought I'd share the courtesy of saying hello. I am one of the Verizon minions unwilling to leave for an iPhone. As a Mac maven since 1984, that's big. I've made do very nicely with an iPod touch and ordinary Motorola flip phone, but have wished for an all in one cool device that would not necessitate WiFi hopping to check email (or data charges on my silly little flip phone.) With a serviceable camera. And video. And syncable calendars with my Mac. Once I found BusySync and easily saw my 4-layer iCal perfectly replicated on Google's calendar, that's all she wrote. I jumped in my car and headed for the Verizon store Friday evening.

I had been awaiting the Palm Pre, but got inspired to jump for Droid. I must say, it's a treat. Much to learn, rough edges to be smoothed by Google, and handy apps to be built by all those clever developers out there....

But I must say I am pleased and happy with my new Droid pal.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones