• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Veterans Day

Due to a health issue, I never served, but have the utmost respect for those who sacrificed for our Country.

I was moved by the panel below to post it on fece-book and was surprised to catch some flack for it. (I received it in an email from a vet.)

For those of you who are vets, what do you think?

pledgeseated.jpg

Upvote 0
I can't speak as a vet, but my Uncle was a Marine Corp. Sargent. He would be the first to point out that his service was to defend the kid's right to sit. He'd have a problem being used by the teacher to make the kid feel bad.

dep_doc_10a_600.jpg

My mother with her brother when he first enlisted.

Upvote 0
I've expressed my love and respect for veterans before, so this will be brief: they're the best! Semper fi to my Marine friends, and whatever the Air Force slogan is to my USAF friends and husband!

By the way, people who got five deferments for supposed bone spurs during Vietnam DO NOT have the right to salute at Veterans Day ceremonies. :mad: That's reserved for those in uniform...and you had to serve in order to have a uniform...

Upvote 0
so my dad fought in the Korean War in the Navy....and unfortunately he past away from natural causes (Alzheimer's).....so Veterans Day will always have meaning for me.

and i just want to give all you Veterans out there a shout out. I have the utmost respect for you guys.....to me you guys are not "losers and suckers" as our loser in chief once called you guys. I am grateful and appreciated for your service.

Upvote 0
Due to a health issue, I never served, but have the utmost respect for those who sacrificed for our Country.

I was moved by the panel below to post it on fece-book and was surprised to catch some flack for it. (I received it in an email from a vet.)

For those of you who are vets, what do you think?

View attachment 155072

Thank you for posting this!
I served from '96-'03 in the Army and I wish some of the younger people would spend just a few hours at their local VA hospital. Then they might be grateful.

Upvote 0
Thank you for posting this!
I served from '96-'03 in the Army and I wish some of the younger people would spend just a few hours at their local VA hospital. Then they might be grateful.
just wanted to say thank you for your service. i totally agree. i am an aquarium service technician. and the VA has two fish tanks that i maintain at the VA community center in downtown L.A.....its my favorite stop. the people love their tanks and the vets i meet are always super cool.

Reactions: dvestal278b
Upvote 0
just wanted to say thank you for your service. i totally agree. i am an aquarium service technician. and the VA has two fish tanks that i maintain at the VA community center in downtown L.A.....its my favorite stop. the people love their tanks and the vets i meet are always super cool.

Then thank you for bringing some joy and happiness to their lives.
God bless you sir!!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones