• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VF UK Update - 2.05.161.1

NX3

Jun 10, 2010
This is the same as 2.05.405.2 stock update from HTC including the SMS bug. This is where the SMS conversation is backwards so you have to scroll to the bottom all the time to see the latest message.

I think that will become annoying very fast, it might be worth ignoring the update even until VF get it fixed.

This is the same as 2.05.405.2 stock update from HTC including the SMS bug. This is where the SMS conversation is backwards so you have to scroll to the bottom all the time to see the latest message.

I think that will become annoying very fast, it might be worth ignoring the update even until VF get it fixed.

I've had the update for a few hours, and yes, the backwards SMS thread bug is very f*****g annoying. I've already told the wife not to update her Legend.

I'm actually amazed this clanger wasn't spotted before the release as it's just about the only difference I can see that the update has made at all !!!!

What was this update for ?

Upvote 0
Cheers for that.

Talking of the radio.....

is it possible to have the MW frequency rather than just the FM or is there some technical reason why mobile phones only have FM ?

Could they put DAB on them ?

FM and MW operate on completely different frequencies so unless they also include the necessary hardware to receive MW signals that's a non starter, same goes for DAB.

Upvote 0
Its been a F***ing joke really and VF responces on the eforum are just an embarresment. Unfortunetly not enough people have the Legend to kick up a big fuss. I emailed BitterWallet, TheInquirer and TheRegister who are all running stories. Hopefully others will and spread the word.

I really regret getting a VF branded handset. VF don't seem to know how to cope with updates. This is where Apple have got it right, they don't let the operator interfere with the firmware.

Reactions: c_man
Upvote 0
Its been a F***ing joke really and VF responces on the eforum are just an embarresment. Unfortunetly not enough people have the Legend to kick up a big fuss. I emailed BitterWallet, TheInquirer and TheRegister who are all running stories. Hopefully others will and spread the word.

I really regret getting a VF branded handset. VF don't seem to know how to cope with updates. This is where Apple have got it right, they don't let the operator interfere with the firmware.

I believe the HTC Desire and Legend are two of the best selling phones in the UK at the moment, so I think Vodafone will have to get their arses into gear if they want to keep the bad feeling to a minimum.

Upvote 0
I have read somewhere i cant find the link atm that after this current update it is almost impossble to root or debrand the phone which was the real reason for this update in the first place very sneaky i think.For many people it has become imposible to flash a new rom since the update i wonder iff anyone knows of any workaround as i am considering debranding but i have accepted the update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones