1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

VGA on your phone? (Android to PC)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by methodology, Apr 29, 2012.

1. methodology

methodology Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2012
    Is there a way that I can view my phone on my computer? Like for instance you hook a VGA cable up to your computer/tv, but is there anyway I can do this for my phone/computer?

I know it seems like a weird question, but there has to be a way to convert a VGA to a micro USB, there is a game on the internet, that I can play on my phone, but my phone is too damn small to play the game. I used to play this game on my computer, but at camp, the servers are blocked here and I can't play this one game. I've already tethered my phone, internet runs clean, but this game won't load for anything, but runs on my phone perfectly fine, idk why that is.

I also don't want to pay $180 (+$10/month) for a Rogers Wireless Stick, when I already have a phone and a 6GB data plan (I have 4G and it ain't fast enough?). I got the game to run once, but after that it won't run again. So is it possible to convert VGA to micro USB, to play your phone on your computer?

Advertisement

2. methodology

methodology Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2012
    Or does anyone know how to increase your tethering speed without rooting your phone?

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Don't think any Android phone has VGA video out, many have composite and/or HDMI video out though. Does your phone do this? Perhaps you can plug it into your TV? As for speed, that's probably down to whatever 3G or 4G service you're getting from your carrier. Sure rooting wont change that.

4. Demache

Demache Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Rooting won't increase the speed of tethering, since that's more of a network bottleneck. So unfortunately, you might be stuck with whatever speed you have even if you root (you can always give it a shot though).

As for video out, I'm not aware of any phone that has VGA out. However, there are quite a few that have HDMI and standard definition composite (the yellow jack) out that will let you plug it into a TV or computer monitor that supports those inputs. But once again, that's dependent on the hardware of your phone, and the way it works varies from model to model.