• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vibrant back light glitch!

cmelich

Lurker
Nov 29, 2010
Hi everyone, i've noticed that my phone has been using alot of battery lately because of the back light. I have the back light set to turn off after 1 minute. When i receive a notification the back light will turn off like it should. However, I've been doing some trial and error and if i have 3 or more notification at any given time, the back light stays on. It doesn't turn off unless i unlock the phone and clear the notifications. Is this a known issue? It happends to my phone and my girlfriend.

Thanks!

If it's a known issue, it's not a universal one - I'll sometimes have 7 or 8 items because of some software I use (& installing updates, etc.) and I've not had that problem. I also know a couple of people who never clear the notifications and may have 12+ at any given time (which makes me twitch).

Also, you should probably just refer to it as the screen - there's no backlight on these phones, it's actually an array of tiny LEDs which is why the blacks are so black.

Do you have any applications that might be changing the screen timeout?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones