1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Vibrant issues... bullet and stock browser

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scooter1942, Jul 12, 2011.

1. scooter1942

scooter1942 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    Santa Maria
    hey, everybody. just rooted my phone a few days ago, got bionix-v and bullet 2.2
    first off, I love how fast bullet makes my phone, but it guts my battery like a fresh kill and makes the chipset smell like a small tire fire... anyone using this kernel with setcpu that would like to share some profiles?

also, I hate the samsung browser. the separate brightness control is annoying. not being able to access bookmarks unless I am in a window with a page that isn't loading is frustrating. and speaking of which, only 4 windows allowed?? I could have more windows open on my fender phone with donut... also there's the lack of ability to highlight text. that's just sad. id like a really minimalist one like I had on my fender. that's one of the only things I miss about that phone, besides the faux woodgrain lol

and before you suggest this, I've tried most of the popular aftermarket browsers, and so far, skyfire seems to be the best alternative, but it still doesn't launch as fast as the stock one does. plus some of the button placement in the toolbar is annoyingly and obviously counterintuitive

Advertisement

2. kacol16

kacol16 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    P(r)oland
    well im using bullet 1.42Ghz - v2.1 with trigger 3.2 final and i my settings are:
    Main 100-1420/conservative
    Charging 100-1000/conservative

if it comes to the browser i use dolphin hd browser and im very satisfied with it

3. scooter1942

None

Jul 12, 2011
    Santa Maria
    im using those profiles and a bunch of other ones, and it seems to be working okay as long as i dont use my phone for more than 5-10 minutes at a time...

i kind of prefer skyfire over dolphin but im still not fully satisified with it... i figured out how to copy text in the stock browser and it turns out its easier than in skyfire, go figure. so im switching back and forth between the two.

also ive been having issues with the long press function on the soft buttons (menu, home, back, and search). it seems to be related to the bullet kernel. first time i flashed long pressing them didnt work at all. then i flashed back to stock and then reflashed bullet and it works some of the time. know anything about this?

4. kacol16

None

Jan 1, 2011
    P(r)oland
    kinda weird that it drains your battery like that. well if you want your phone to drain a bit less battery while your screen is off you can edit the build.prop file in /system folder using root explorer. just add at the end of the file a new line:
    ro.rill.disable.power.collapse=1 that should save you some battery life.

you can try downloading SGS Tools and upgrading stock apps, i mean the browser (dont know really what it does but it 'hacks' it, ull get useragent setting with it)

im having bullet since july i think and never had the issue with the long pressing functions. maybe its the roms fault

5. scooter1942

None

Jul 12, 2011
    Santa Maria
    retried dolphin and got used to it and now I like it better than skyfire except it seems to hate commenting and messaging on facebook... ill never find something im completely satisfied with, will I?

6. kacol16

None

Jan 1, 2011
    P(r)oland
    well i dont use dolphin for facebook :p i like dolphin because of the gestures ;) but yeah i think your right :D try using the facebook app instead of sitting on the browser.