1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

vibrant stock email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jojomonkeyboy, Oct 1, 2010.

1. jojomonkeyboy

jojomonkeyboy New Member

Sep 29, 2010
    The vibrant comes with two stock email programs. Please save me some time with my new phone, which is better? what are the differences? is there a better email app?

Advertisement

2. wearespacepeople

wearespacepeople Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Well the gmail app is for gmail accounts only I'm fairly sure. The other email app will work with any email. Personally I only have gmail so I just use the gmail app.

3. melll

melll Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I do it all
    Toronto Ontario
    I use the Samsung Social Hub Email that came with the phone for my hotmail because it comes in a lot quicker than the OS's email system.

The only thing I dislike, is I have to select on either "Display text" or "Display HTML" for every single message. I select HTML because thats the only way I can actually view my email.

4. bootsie

bootsie Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I use both, gmail is great, the stock app is good as well. The only issue I have is that I wish it would be threaded like the gmail app. But I think that might be an exchange function not the actually app.

I have loaded my gmail on the email app a couple times, would love the combined inbox if the conversations were threaded

5. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    So Cal
    I also use both and both are excellent. :) I wouldn't say one is better than the other, Gmail works well, and I get my roadrunner email through the POP3 settings and it works well also.

6. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Huh? I dont have that on mine.

7. Turbo II

Turbo II Active Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I hate the fact that the stock emails sent folder cannot be sorted by sent to. It is all sent from.