• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

vibrant tips and tricks

Troll, You think you're knowledge better than us.. *Yawn*.. give us a break..

I am glad that OP created this for new android users. I am newbie to Android World, since I got SamVibrant.. This is excellent feedback, tips, helpful.

Dont ruin nor hijack his thread. thanks!

Do not instigate or pass judgement calling people trolls... the poster is absolutely correct the holding of the home button has been around since the beginning which is why I allowed the post to stay... The only one hijacking or derailing the thread is you... name calling instigating and calling people out like that will not fly so do not do it again...

Upvote 0
When linking multiple contact accounts (IE: Google, Twitter, Facebook) if your contact appears different from how you want it, just set default as your Google Account Contact or as the Phone Contact and then you have control over how the contact's name is displayed.

If anyone finds out how to pick which image/picture/icon is displayed for the user (Twitter/Facebook/GoogleTalk) let me know!

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to set the default home screen? 7 screens is a bit much for me. I tried cutting it down to 5, but screen #4 still remains as the default screen - the one it jumps to when you press the Home softkey. Can't figure out where that default is set.

If you cut it down to 3 screens, then it seems screen #3 is automatically the default.

Not sure if this is what you are asking for, but when you edit how many screens you have, you can press and hold any of the screens (while in edit mode) and move them around. That allows you to place any screen in the "home" position.

[edit]
On second thought I don't think I answered your question. Even though what I said above does let you make any screen your "home" screen (by putting it in position #4) it doesn't let you make a different "position" (i.e. #3 or #2) your "home" screen. For that I believe you need to replace the launcher with ADW or Launcher Pro.
[/edit]

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to set the default home screen? 7 screens is a bit much for me. I tried cutting it down to 5, but screen #4 still remains as the default screen - the one it jumps to when you press the Home softkey. Can't figure out where that default is set.

If you cut it down to 3 screens, then it seems screen #3 is automatically the default.

On the main screen click
Settings
Edit
then click the minus button on the screens you want to delete.

Upvote 0
a question..

does anyone here know how to make a name for files that are on folders?
like on my gallery , i made a folder for my movies , but the movies that are listed in that folder are not named,just plain black thumbnails , so it's kinda hard to recognize which movie is which .. i prefer to go to the gallery app for watching movies and videos coz the UI animation is so cool..LOL.. rather than going to the video gallery app ..

i hope someone here knows..

thanks!

Upvote 0
USB Trick

I couldn't figure out how to copy files over the cable to the phone...And I was getting tired of popping off the cover to get to the sd card!

once you connect the cable to the pc and the phone select mass media

then pull down the notification bar
click on the usb notice
and select unmount sd card!

bingo then the lil bugger is now visible to the pc!

no more fighting the case and cover and digging into the settings to unmount the card!

:cool:

Reactions: blizy and Sc00ter
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones