1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Vibrant without Android Keyboard...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 4u2nvinmtl, Sep 14, 2010.

1. 4u2nvinmtl

4u2nvinmtl Member

Aug 21, 2010
    So I have a Samsung Vibrant GT-i9000m from Bell Canada with the FFC. Some how I no long have the Android Keyboard in my list of input method's (long pres on text input field) or in settings -> Locale and Text -> Select Input Method -> Swype or Samsung Keypad (only). My phone is unlocked (i bought the unlock code form Bell directly) and I used the one click lag fix for rooting the phone. I'm unsure when I lost the Android keyboard but I know for a fact I never deleted or uninstalled it. I can only assume that the bell unlock code or the one click lag fix rooting app are the cause of the missing input method.

Does anyone know where I can download the Android Keyboard? I've searched a bit but Android Keyboard give a vast variety of results even on the app brain and market.

Many thanks in advance for any answers! :)

Advertisement

2. 4u2nvinmtl

4u2nvinmtl Member

Aug 21, 2010
  3. 4u2nvinmtl

4u2nvinmtl Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Disregard the Droid X keyboard port its a 114mb file clearly not just the Keyboard I'm looking for.

4. 4u2nvinmtl

4u2nvinmtl Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I just got a replacement Vibrant from bell after sending the first one off for repairs and it still is a different lay out from the one bell advertises with Google voice search widget. Vlingo has only gotten better with time and i no longer care about the missing voice search... Thanks

5. coasterman927

coasterman927 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    You can try installing Vlingo, it comes with a keyboard that basically is exactly the same as the Android keyboard, the only difference being the microphone key launches Vlingo voice recognition rather than Google's.