• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vibrate and Ring?

frishmans92

Nov 10, 2009
Well, I obviously just got my Droid. I'm a long time blackberry user, so I'm used to it's lay out. So my deal is, I want to be able to have my phone do everything and vibrate when it's in "vibrate mode" but when I have it set to ringer of any sort, I don't want it to vibrate at all, even during my texts.

What can I change to let this work? Right now, I have selected "vibrate also for notifications of SMS." where it'll ring and vibrate. I just want it to ring during "ring mode" and vibrate only during "vibrate mode"

help?

Sorry, I am talking about haptic feedback. I realize the OP was talking about vib on notifications (phone, messaging, etc...) and not haptic feedback. I did turn off haptic feedback. This does turn off vibrate (haptic feedback) for most things but for some reason does not for the phone dialpad - open Phone and when entering a phone number on the dial pad, I still get haptic/vibrate feedback.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones