1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Vibrate and Ring?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frishmans92, Nov 10, 2009.

1. frishmans92

frishmans92 Active Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Well, I obviously just got my Droid. I'm a long time blackberry user, so I'm used to it's lay out. So my deal is, I want to be able to have my phone do everything and vibrate when it's in "vibrate mode" but when I have it set to ringer of any sort, I don't want it to vibrate at all, even during my texts.

What can I change to let this work? Right now, I have selected "vibrate also for notifications of SMS." where it'll ring and vibrate. I just want it to ring during "ring mode" and vibrate only during "vibrate mode"

help?

Advertisement

2. insertnewsn

insertnewsn Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Just like the other post you made, I'm looking for this functionality as well without the use of the app Ring Toggle. (This means I would not only have to put my phone to sound mode when needed, but I would then have go into Ring Toggle and change it to "ring only" so the vibrations will stop

Can anyone help?

3. centax1

centax1 Active Member

Oct 21, 2009
    If you turn off all the vib setting in settings then use the volume rocker to go to vibe mode you should be good.

4. tailwheel

tailwheel Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Can't seem to disable the vibe when dialing a phone number. I have all vibration settings turned off on settings.

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    When dialing? As in whenever you type in any app and it vibrates when typing / pressing buttons?

That is in a different - the Haptic feedback setting....

Or are you referring to something else?

6. tailwheel

tailwheel Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Sorry, I am talking about haptic feedback. I realize the OP was talking about vib on notifications (phone, messaging, etc...) and not haptic feedback. I did turn off haptic feedback. This does turn off vibrate (haptic feedback) for most things but for some reason does not for the phone dialpad - open Phone and when entering a phone number on the dial pad, I still get haptic/vibrate feedback.