1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Vibrate issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Danorn, May 22, 2011.

1. Danorn

Danorn Lurker

I could really use some help. I have had the DHD for about a week or so, and yesterday it just started to vibrate in my pocket for no reason, No sms or call coming in, and I have all vibrate choices shut off. I shut the phone off, pulled the batt thinking maybe a complete reset would fix it, but it didn't. Did a software factory reset as well and still vibrates touching anywhere from middle to the right edge of handset. Any ideas?

Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast

Just to clarify, it only vibrates when you touch the right half of the screen.

3. Danorn

Danorn Lurker

yes basically from mid screen to the outer edges of the case. I have to try and tap it on the back or actually gently twist it a bit to get it to stop its continuous vibrating.

4. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast

Sometimes my phone will vibrate uncontrollably and to get it to stop I have to use the HTC profile widget and switch between normal/silent/vibrate. I also have a TELUS desire hd. I'm not sure if its the same problem you are having or not. You might just have a faulty handset.

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Could be an installed app?

I installed an app for my wee man that caused lightening on the screen which followed your finger and vibrated when you touched it. I uninstalled as it was vibrating even when I closed the app.

Failing that, as landovr suggested, it could just be a faulty handset I'm afraid.

6. Danorn

Danorn Lurker

I too thought it may have been the app I am using for sms due to intermittent notifications, but even after the factory reset and ensuring all was back to original, it still vibrates. I took the batt out and even with the handset powered off, I put the batt back in and it immediately starts to vibrate. I called Telus and they are sending out a replacement. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Daniel

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews