1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Vibrate keeps turning off for notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spaded21, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Spaded21

Spaded21 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    The vibrate for my notifications keeps turning off by itself. I downloaded sound manager and using this app I can turn it back on, but a little while later it is already turned off again.

I'm thinking it must be an app turning it off, but I have gone through each one and can't for the life of me figure out what is causing this.

I did a hard reset after 2.2 and it went away for a few days but now its happening again.

Advertisement

2. Spaded21

Apr 29, 2010
  3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Just to double check...in Sound Manager you did Menu > Vibrate Settings > Both options set to "vibrate whenever possible"?

4. Spaded21

Apr 29, 2010
    Yes, then I dont touch my phone for an hour or two, and when I go to check the setting again, it has gone back to never vibrate.

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Wow, haven't heard of that one yet. Can I ask what apps you are using for email and texting?

Also, assuming you have it set to vibrate for calls/notifications at Menu > Settings > Sound

And do all vibes not work or some things do and others don't?

6. dukedroid

dukedroid New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Similar issue on my Incredible. The checkbox in the system-sound-volume screen keeps re-checking itself to show that notifications have the same volume as ringtones, and I keep having to go back in and uncheck it. Worse since 2.2.

7. sudtle

sudtle New Member

May 8, 2010
    I am also having this problem with Incredible running 2.2. Phone will vibrate on text or voicemail notification but not on incoming calls. When I check the option under Menu > Settings > Sound > Vibrate and try to call the phone, it doesn't vibrate and the setting is automatically unchecked again.