• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vibrate notifications after JB update

Hi, I downloaded the jellybean update last night and now my phone vibrates every time I get a notification even though I have the vibrate notification turned off on all the various apps ( text, email, Facebook, voicemail, etc.) Is there a general area to turn off all notifications in jellybean now?

Why would anyone want to turn off the vibrating? lol. in system settings, under sound, there are tick-boxes for vibrate. have you unchecked these already?
If you have, try a reboot and check them again. sometimes they stay on unless you reboot.
If this doesn't work, try turning them on again, then turn them off. I've had to do this to a few things in the past and it worked after doing that.

Reactions: bixler777
Upvote 0
My misunderstanding... I was thinking general vibrate settings. Any app that has a vibrate option should have (in its own settings menu) a way to turn it off or on. It should be under "notifications". Hope that helps.

After the download, I did a FDR and a Re-Boot.
I had to change some of my settings, but my Razr doesn't have the vibrate problems mentioned.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones