1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Vibrate Settings Changed after 2.2 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TXDroid, Aug 18, 2010.

1. TXDroid

TXDroid Member

Jan 21, 2010
    I've got a Droid. Just upgraded to 2.2. Went smoothly. However, I notice there seems to be a setting change with 2.2.

On 2.1, I had the following sound steps:

• LED notification only
    • LED and vibrate
    • Audible steps
    It appears now, I have silent or audible. And vibrate goes off in an all or nothing setting. I have lost that middle step of vibrate with no sound.

Am I missing something? I've tried all vibrate settings and when using the volume bar, it doesn't seem to find that particular mid-step.

Anyone else seeing this?

Advertisement

2. jellyhead

jellyhead Active Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I'm assuming your talking about notification alert settings. I did a manual update to 2.2. I have these options for messaging and email.
    -Always
    -Only when silent
    -Never

For the general vibrate options I have
    -Always
    -Never
    -Only in silent mode
    -Only when not in silent mode

When I use the side volume button I still get the vibrate only when the volume is off. Tested it on a call and text with the ringtone at half and full volume, it vibrates on both. It seems to me they just changed the wording but the options are the same

- Ringer/vibrate off = LED notification only
    - Ringer off/vibrate on = LED and vibrate
    - Ringer/vibrate on = Audible steps

Not sure if this is what you were asking about.

I also use an app called AudioManager so I don't know if that makes a difference. Sometimes apps can change settings that aren't available through the android UI.

3. TXDroid

TXDroid Member

Jan 21, 2010
    You're on the right track. Using the side control, I used to have the following

• No alert, LED only
    • Vibrate and LED only
    • Audible
    It was handy to just be able to bump the button once to get to either vibrate or silent, depending on where I was.

In 2.2, the options using the side control are:

• No alert, LED only
    • Audible
    The vibrate and led option are gone.

I've downloaded Audio Manager to see if that will give me the option that I want, but I'm disappointed in the change of the bumper button.

4. TXDroid

TXDroid Member

Jan 21, 2010
  5. pie

pie Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Venice, CA
    I'm with you, I dislike that I can't go from silent to vibrate with the side button. Pretty annoying when you're used to something and they change it all of a sudden, especially something so simple.

6. jc3191989

jc3191989 Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Is there a way to change the vibrate settings such as on 2.1 with my mesmerize when I received a text it went vibrate, pause, vibrate. Now with 2.2 it only has one long vibrate duration. Was curious if there is a way to change the setting on that. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.