• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vibrate then Ring

smlsml

Lurker
Dec 24, 2009
I have a new Eris. On an incoming call, I'd like to have it vibrate and then ring several seconds later.

I haven't seen any clear posts on how to do this (although I've seen threads on other phones about configuring a ring tone with a several second delay so it just starts with vibration and a quiet ring).

Usually in a quiet setting or meeting, I can then answer it before it rings out loud....and if it is noisy then I'll eventually hear it (without me having to switch back and forth between quiet mode).

Does anyone have thoughts on how to do it automatically (with a setting) on this phone....or how I modify a ring tone so I can create the effect manually?
Thanks,
Shane

I haven't seen any clear posts on how to do this (although I've seen threads on other phones about configuring a ring tone with a several second delay so it just starts with vibration and a quiet ring).

That would be the easiest way. It would take some splicing but record 5-7 seconds of silence then record your ringtone. The vibrate would start as soon as the ringtone but there would be 5-7 seconds of silence first. You also may be able to find a song with a stop or silence mid way through, use ringdroid to start at the delay.

Either way, you are going to have to use a custom sound. I haven't seen anything to physically delay the ringtone before the vibrate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones