• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vibrate turns off after phone call

damnilocano

Lurker
Feb 16, 2010
I can't find an answer anywhere and just recently discovered this problem (I don't receive a lot of calls).

I put my phone on vibrate while at work but recently noticed that the vibrate turns off and the ringer comes back on.

For instance, I'll deny a call (swipe the red circle to the left) but the phone will make a noise for the voicemail. I sometimes leave my phone at my desk and don't want it to play all my inappropriate ringtones.

Are you by chance hitting the volume up / down button when moving / playing with / holstering the phone?

I have had to learn to push up on the bottom of the phone in my holster, and then slide it out fully after the button is away from the side grips of the holster - before that my volume kept changing constantly.

I'll go looking for it and report back when I can find it....

I know there is at least one app in the market (other than Locale) that will attempt to keep the volume at whatever setting it has, forcing you to manually acquiesce to any change before allowing it, but IIRC I also read that it sometimes did not work 100%....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones