1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Vibrate works for SMS, not for e-mail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by irishjoeyo, Apr 19, 2012.

1. irishjoeyo

irishjoeyo Android Enthusiast

When I have the sound profile set to "normal", the volume is up for every category, and "vibration feedback for calls and notifications" is checked, I hear a sound notification and the phone vibrates when I receive an SMS or MMS, just as it should. However, when I receive an e-mail, I only hear the notification and the phone does not vibrate. I have searched on here and on the internet, but I haven't found anything that addresses this issue (I've found similar ones, but not this one). Perhaps someone on here has better searching skills than I do or has a solution for me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Which email program are you using? There is usually a separate vibrate setting within the email program settings.

irishjoeyo likes this.
  3. irishjoeyo

I'm using Gmail, but I didn't find any vibrate settings within the app.

4. irishjoeyo

Anyone else have any ideas?

5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

There is a vibrate setting in my gmail app...I click menu > settings > click on my email address (below general settings) and there is vibrate and notification settings.

irishjoeyo likes this.
  6. irishjoeyo

Thank you! You fixed it!

Mine was pretty buried, but I found it. Menu > Settings > Click on my e-mail address > Labels to notify > Inbox > Vibrate

TheScientist and sdrawkcab25 like this.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews