1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Vibrating notification in silent PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mattdb, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Mattdb

Mattdb Newbie

I've had my galaxy note a couple of months. I always have it on silent at work - silent (mute) rather than the vibrate option. Recently for e-mail notifications it has started vibrating even in this mode. I'm not sure if this is a setting I've altered although I'm unaware of changing anything. I've been selecting this from the pull-down menu at the top of the screen.

Is there a simple solution to this or is my phone broken do you think?

Matt

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. PiscesCloud

PiscesCloud Android Enthusiast

Hi Mattdb

Have you tried Settings/Sound/Vibration Intensity? Also, there is there a tick mark in 'Sound and vibration'

3. simagic

simagic Member

What do I do to make my phone ring AND vibrate. Where is this "tick mark" found for sound and vibration. how to I get to choose that. The only thing I've found was going into settings/sound/vibration/and choosing "only when not in silent mode. Is there a faster way to get to that option of having it ring and vibrate?

4. PiscesCloud

PiscesCloud Android Enthusiast

It is in Settings/Sound and is the 6th item down. I don't know of a fast way of getting to it but there is probably a widget for it somewhere!

5. Peter

Peter Lurker

I have the same problem on my S4 Kitkat. I've had the phone for some time but this issue started recently. The phone is set to mute at night, but every email and Whatsapp message causes it to vibrate. It drives me crazy. I have checked every suggested solution but nothing works.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews