1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tips Vibration AND sound for texts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Billyg0at1991, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Billyg0at1991

Billyg0at1991 New Member

Aug 20, 2012
    NJ
    Hey guys,

This is my first post on these forums and probably a very easy fix. I recently switched over to the Galaxy S3 on Verizon from a Droid 2 Global. So far I love the phone, but there's one thing that's a little frustrating. On the Droid 2 I was able to go into the messaging app and tweak the settings so that the phone Always vibrated when I received a notification- whether it was on Silent or had full volume. I can't seem to do this with the S3.

I know there's the obvious slider that turns off the volume to make it vibrate. There's also a setting in the messaging app: Notification Settings -> Vibrate Which I have set to "Always." For some reason though this doesn't work when I have all of my volume settings up, though.

So what I'm asking is: Is there any way for me to have full volume settings and still receive vibration notifications for calls and text? Any help is appreciated- thank you!

Advertisement

2. seana608

seana608 Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Yes just go to : Menu > settings > sound Then under ringtones and notifications make sure sound and vibration is checked

3. Billyg0at1991

Billyg0at1991 New Member

Aug 20, 2012
    NJ
    Oh wow, such a simple solution! Thanks so much, works perfectly now.