1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Vibration Gone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spiz, Feb 23, 2010.

1. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Redmond, OR
    Somehow my vibrations have all gone away. I made sure the vibration effect is set to normal, which it is. It must have been an app I installed that disabled it.

Currently using Open Home with Hero skin, weather widgets, and Swype keyboard.

Anyone have this issue or is something I can easily fix in the settings?

Advertisement

2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Try downloading a free task manager , see whats and use a process of elimination to see what app may be effecting the vibrating :)

3. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Redmond, OR
    Thanks Carl,

I'm currently using taskiller, and when looking through my active apps, I don't see anything that would be causing it. Is there possibly a setting I could have screwed up? No vibration whatsoever.

4. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    are you on galaxy rom?

5. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    IT, Student
    Texas
    You arent in silent mode are you? heh kinda funny if you were, but hmmm I'd say try the factory reset. Then load your apps one at a time(without changing their settings). Then go through your apps one by one and put the settings to how ever you had them before. If vibration still works afterwards then I dunno, weird glitch maybe.

6. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Redmond, OR
    No I wasn't running any roms. I went with the factory reset and of course it worked. My phone is actually faster too. It was probably some app I downloaded at some point. Thanks for the suggestions!

7. flamereaper

flamereaper Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    It happens to me too. I use Volume Control app to enable/disable vibration. Sometimes i need to just switch off and switch on my phone and vibration works again

8. aguywithabat19

Jan 20, 2010
    i had the same problem today. no vibrations at all. no haptic feedback either. i checked all my settings, no problem there. so, i shook the crap out of my phone and all my vibrations came back. does that mean there's a hardware issue with the vibrator?

9. Tetragrammaton

Mar 30, 2010
    Yeah, I lost mine too. I'm running R7. I wiped all my apps, no use. Reflash, maybe?

10. tritran18518

tritran18518 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    you cann't have vib when you are running 1.6 rom on BH2.

11. Tetragrammaton

Mar 30, 2010
    Ah, ok. Thought that might be the case, but I didn't see it when I went back to read the thread on 1.6. Shows how well I read.

Thanks for the quick response, brother!