1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Vibration in earpiece speaker during calls?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blog, Jun 4, 2011.

1. blog

blog Member
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    My earpiece speaker buzzes/rattles/vibrates on calls even at very low volumes. Doesn't happen on the speakerphone. Anyone experience/fix this, or should i just go get it swapped out?

Advertisement

2. i_am_booked

i_am_booked Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    mine kinda crackles when the volume is up all the way but not as bad as ur sounds. i would head back to verizon and see if they will swap it out. did u just get it?

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    go have it swapped out. Its a hardware issue. No update will fix that. the DX1's had the speaker buzz a lot at launch. I had to replace my first one. It buzzed from the day i walked out of the store with it on launch day. I had no problems swapping mine out.

4. jjdementia

jjdementia Lurker
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    Go have it swapped out. I had the same issue.

They also tried to tell me my phone was refurbished ( yet I got the X2 launched on launch day) and that I might be receiving a refurbished one for the new I was turning in.

I told them that wasn't happening it took a solid hour, with my receipt to tell them to bugger off and get me a new damn phone. I also had to deal with them telling me I had to explain why I had a credit on the phone and they couldn't give me a new phone for that price, wanting me to pay the difference out of pocket.

My big fear was that they wouldn't be able to reproduce the "buzzing" and give me crap about not being able to duplicate the issue.

New X2 does not have it, definitely get it changed out.

5. anticipator

anticipator Member

Mar 23, 2010
    The buzzing that you mentioned...could you describe further what you are experiencing. Is it real loud, or like an electrical buzz or just something that is minor but bothersome? The only complaint I have with the X2 is my earpiece is just a bit muffled and had several people try it, and it didn't bother them. Everybody tells me that they hear everything very clear and loud when I talk to them. so it is only the earpiece. Regarding my muffled sound, I have honestly never heard any smartphone that didn't have something minor or major wrong with the voice quality. Perhaps, it has just been my own experience or a reality. I was considering taking mine back for that reason, and have to decide by tomorrow. I just love the phone and suppose if it came down to it some earbuds or bluetooth might work okay.

6. jjdementia

jjdementia Lurker
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    It wasn't something big, but it was noticeable. It would kick in when someone was talking and sometimes a word would be lost. It sounded like someone with small speakers played too loud and that light buzz when you know it can't go that loud. Except I had a problem with it at every volume level.

Think of it as a slight cackle when someone was speaking, but it would go in and out and was not consistently there.

7. marrie818

marrie818 Lurker
    None

Jul 2, 2011