• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vibration intensity

st230

Oct 3, 2010
I'm currently using an iPhone 3G and have plans to move to Android and more specifically the Desire. One issue I have with the iPhone is that the vibration is too weak to be noticed. So my question is, how is the vibration on the Desire? I used to have a Sony Ericsson P900 which had a tremendous strength on its vibration and I hope the Desire has the same or is at least a lot better than the iPhone. Anyone?

OK thanks, but my concern is more related to the strength than the pattern. What's your experience with the Desire? Can you feel the vibration while walking if you have the phone in your jeans pocket? No way with the iPhone...

All I can go off is my experience & I found that the stock vibration wasn't good enough TBH but since I used the above I've never missed a call, text or email alert.

Reactions: st230
Upvote 0
I'm currently using an iPhone 3G and have plans to move to Android and more specifically the Desire. One issue I have with the iPhone is that the vibration is too weak to be noticed. So my question is, how is the vibration on the Desire? I used to have a Sony Ericsson P900 which had a tremendous strength on its vibration and I hope the Desire has the same or is at least a lot better than the iPhone. Anyone?
I had the iPhone 3G and found the vibrate was too weak as well. The Desire is stronger, and I don't think I've missed a call due to the louder ringer and stronger vibrate. Being in the shower doesn't count.
:D

Upvote 0
Thanks, that's all music to my ears. Now for the $1000 question - can the Desire HD be expected to have weaker vibration than the Desire due to its increased weight?
That depends on the design engineers. If they compensate for the weight, then they'll use a heavier balance in the vibrate unit. Hopefully they do it right, but no one will know until the model is released.

Personally I wouldn't make my decision based on vibrate modes. It's nice to have a strong vibrate, but I bought the iPhone 3G based on what else it offered. I bought the Desire on what it offered too. The stronger vibrate was a nice bonus, as far as I'm concerned.

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd let you know:
I've actually developed an app called Stopify that is activated if you miss a call/sms/gmail while you are walking. It then waits until you stop walking, and repeats the notification again. It works because you are much more sensitive when you are still.
You can read more about it here: Stopify

Nice idea, but no way am I going to pay

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones