1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Vibration Length & Screen Light on Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jw nyc, Jun 6, 2011.

1. jw nyc

jw nyc Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Is there a way to change the length of the vibrate in certain apps. I can't stand how long the vibrate is for SMS, Whatsapp & other notifications and would like it to be shorter if possible. Also is there an app that will make the screen wake (for a few seconds) when a new notification arrives so I can notice it when it's on my desk? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. xmjox

xmjox Well-Known Member
    None

Not sure about the first query, but if you download NoLED, you will be abe to see notifications in different colours for different apps as and when they arrive without needing to press the home key.

greggebhardt likes this.
  3. jw nyc

jw nyc Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Thanks. How does it affect battery life?

4. xmjox

xmjox Well-Known Member
    None

Hardly at all. The icon's are quite small (or you can make them larger in the settings) and because it's Super AMOLED screen, it only uses battery to power the pixels themselves, not the black background.

5. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast
    None

May 11, 2011
    Owner
    Jacksonville, FL
    Just what I was looking for. This is my first screen like this, so you are saying that the power use is small as it only lights up the individual pixels and does not use a back light? That would explain why it is so bright and crisp!

Anyway thanks, coming from Blackberry, I miss my flashing LED I can see from across the room! This sounds even better:eek:

6. xmjox

xmjox Well-Known Member
    None

That's the one :)

7. jw nyc

jw nyc Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Anyone know of a way to shorten the vibrates for GMail & Whatsapp messages? REALLY annoying that the vibration shakes my whole desk for about 4-5 full seconds every time I get an incoming message.

8. hidehide

hidehide Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    I found this thread because I feel the same as you..
    Even if there isn't a stock option for this, I think there should be a mod for that for rooted users... Hope someone can point out how to change that to us soon!

9. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Pretty sure some apps have short or long vibrate options. Or maybe it was in the phone itself as an option.

10. VegasTouch

None

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    So no LED on the phone itself from the factory? Im not a fan of NoLED from the market. But then it was a long time ago that i tried it out.

11. evereux

evereux Lurker
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    I'd like to add that I would very much like to change the vibration intensity and length too. The single most annoying thing about the phone! :)

12. Genetic

Genetic Guest
    None
    ^ is there really not an app that allows you to do that? i almost find that hard to believe, lol. thats pretty disappointing if true, and in my opinion very odd, i thought that type of app would one of the first apps on the market. i feel like itd be VERY popular if made right, not really an app you can screw up though.

13. VegasTouch

None

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    I dont have a problem with the vibration intensity but if some of you have your phone sit on your desk, put something underneath it to absorb to vibration or just turn it off and use a notification noise.
    You can make your own ringtones with Ringdroid and even record your own and also Zedge has many other type of ringtones and notifications you can use with your texts or email and you can set the volume level on notifications so it wont be too loud while on your desk.

Gotta think outside the box guys.

14. Genetic

Genetic Guest
    None
    well maybe not necessarily change the intensity but how about change how many times a specific app/notification vibrates. on my iphone i went in and edited the files and set it up to where my mail would vibrate twice, texts 3 times and everything else once. i wonder if theres a file somewhere i could edit in android? :thinking:

15. VegasTouch

None

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Jailbroken using iFile? That actually sounds annoying. I just use different sounds for my different notifications. Like i use a tweet noise for my Twitter, Car alarm for texts(you know , the two beeps when you set the alarm to on..or is that when you check it?...lol), different sound for my email. Plus they all vibrate once along with the sounds but i can turn it off if i want but i dont work in a noise free or real quiet surroundings.

I use the App Hancent for my messages. Better by far imo than the stock and in Handcent settings, you have options for your vibration. You can set it for long vibration, multiple shorts ones, multiple long ones, and customize your own. One option says normal which is a short one. Handcent actually has a TON of customizations for it. Choices of icons with different colors, different sounds, Pop up when you get a message, delivery notifications, etc.

16. carajp

carajp Member
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    You CAN change the vibration intensity. Settings -> Sounds (scroll to bottom) -> Vibration Intensity. :)

17. VegasTouch

None

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thats for the Haptic feedback intensity when you touch the buttons. Says so right on there. At least on my phone(Galaxy S) thats what it is for. I assume they are the same.

18. scrattyrat

scrattyrat Member
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    Is there a way to increase the INTENSITY of the vibration for notifications? (sms / facebook / gmail etc). At the moment I cant feel it going off in my pocket. I dont mean the vibrate pattern, as these are fine and can be changed within chomp etc, im looking for a way to turn up the intensity?

19. socialphobia

socialphobia Newbie
    None

Apr 16, 2012
    Just searching the net for an app to change the vibrate pattern and still not found anything.

If anyone has any heads up on how to change the vibrate pattern on a phone that's not rooted I'd be really interested in finding out.

Thanks in advance.

20. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    I use GoSMS and they have allow for individual vibration patterns for individual contacts.

21. socialphobia

socialphobia Newbie
    None

Apr 16, 2012
    I just read about GoSMS and I need something what will alter vibrations for everything: Email, incomming calls, skype, whatsapp, talk and not just SMS/MMS.

Thanks for the reply though.