• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video ads spontaneously blaring. Can I supress?

Mugsy323

Feb 27, 2019
Some app installed on my phone (I don't know which) occasionally spontaneously blares video advertisements... typically in the middle of the night. :mad:

Phone is in standby mode with screen off when suddenly around 2:30am, it'll blare some video advertisement loud enough to wake me up, automatically going silent after about 15 seconds. Then a half hour later, it'll do it again. (And that's it.)

It doesn't happen every night, and just now, I got an ad at 7:15am. I turned on the screen in time to see a "Skip Ad" box to silence it, but they are going to keep coming.

There's no way to tell what app is doing this (though I have my suspicions. But it's an app I need.)

EVEN TURNING THE SOUND ALL THE WAY DOWN DOES NOT HELP. The video ads STILL play (and at full volume.) I've already had four such disturbances today!

Is there a way to stop loud annoying video ads from spontaneously playing? I have Android-7.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones