1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Video back to original

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RLamont21, Mar 22, 2016.

1. RLamont21

RLamont21 Lurker
    None

Mar 22, 2016
    Male
    I recorded a video on the S7 Edge. I was trying to send the video to my girlfriend through text message. When I did that it made the video smaller and I end up deleting the original video. Now that the video smaller it's blurry and it wasn't before. What can I do to make the video back to its original form?

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Something like a video file sent via texting is a MMS, and some carriers scale down MMS videos to accommodate that different text services just aren't completely compatible with each other. If your girlfriend is using an iPhone for example and you were using the default texting app on your S7 than because of the difference in services the video was scaled down. If both of you were using the same texting app, WhatsApp for example does not scaled down videos, the chances are the video would have been left as is. But at this point since you've already deleted the original there's not much you can do to get it back. Scaling up a video file that's been previously scaled down isn't a viable option, you can't restore lost resolution. If that video is really important there are file recovery utilities that can retrieve deleted files, but note the more you've your phone since deleting that file the greater the chance it or parts of it have been 'rewritten' over in your phone's internal storage.
    If you have an automatic backup/syncing service like Dropbox or OneDrive already set up, that video could possibly still be in your online backup?

3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Android Expert

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    Try looking online in Google Photos, the original video may be stored there. I've got years of photos and videos stored there from across multiple devices. It's automatic unless you turn it off.

4. Bud814select

Bud814select Lurker
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    Male
    Also try sending video thru WhatsApp it's better

5. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
  6. praneethnss

praneethnss Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    try viotalk app or website which helps to record+send videos of any size as text message and it wont take your internal storage for recording video

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.