• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video Calling apps that don't work with front facing camera.

So far I've tried a few video calling apps and only Qik seems to work properly with the front facing camera. The only downfall to this is that currently it doesn't work on iphones and most of my family has the iphone. Tango works, but the image from the front camera is somehow oriented sideways. Fring only turns on the rear camera and there's no option currently to switch it to the front. Hopefull since the phone is only a day old these program developers will come up with fixes for these bugs.

So far I've tried a few video calling apps and only Qik seems to work properly with the front facing camera. The only downfall to this is that currently it doesn't work on iphones and most of my family has the iphone. Tango works, but the image from the front camera is somehow oriented sideways. Fring only turns on the rear camera and there's no option currently to switch it to the front. Hopefull since the phone is only a day old these program developers will come up with fixes for these bugs.

yeah give it some time... it sounds like a program issue here... once they devs of those programs know the issues with the SGS4G im sure they will address it. this phone is barely 24hours old.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones