1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Video calling on Desire?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 4ngi3, Jun 5, 2010.

1. 4ngi3

4ngi3 Well-Known Member

Does the Desire have a front camera for video calling? I just noticed that theres no option to make a video call from my phoen book. oh dear, someone please tell me that the camera is so small that i can't see it??

2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Android Enthusiast

With a complex arrangement of pulleys, gears and mirrors.

The Desire doesn't have a front facing camera. Honestly, no-one really used the video calling feature anyway. I had a K800i, it has a front camera. In the 3 years I had it, not a single instance was there any reason to video call. Not that anyone else had a phone with a front camera anyway. It ended up just clogging up with dust.

3. 4ngi3

4ngi3 Well-Known Member

oh no way.. crap i used to use video calling but not heaps. oh well i'm sure i can do without it

4. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I used to have video calling but only used it once to try it out. It just never interested me tbh

5. Dudditz

Dudditz Android Enthusiast

I had video calling on my Pixon, never even bothered trying it out...

6. SurfXombie

SurfXombie Member

Stand in front of a mirror?

7. carbonara

carbonara Member

Yeah, video calling seemed a feature mobile manufacturers and networks tried to peddle a few years back, no one was interested though. We all had phones with front facing cameras but everyone I know, including myself only ever tried it once to see if it worked and that was it.

I just don't think video calling works as a concept in a mobile environment. It's fine on Skype when you're sat down for a conversation with someone but with a mobile a lot of the time you're walking along etc and a video just doesn't work in that situation.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews