1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Video Calling Problem with Nexus 4 KitKat 4.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yazansan82, Dec 29, 2013.

1. yazansan82

yazansan82 Lurker
    None

Dec 8, 2013
    hi guys,

at the beginning of the month i bought my wife a brand new Nexus 4, which after starting up started upgrading to KitKat 4.4, but the problem is after doing so video calling through app like Line, Tango, or Skype, is impossible to last over two minutes, the phone restarts by itself . we have ruled out any problems with phone itself, and more of an OS problem. the phone isn't rooted or flashed, and the upgrade was done through Wifi via Android System Update.

anyone can help with this before i take it to the service center?

Advertisement

2. wavefan

wavefan Newbie
    None

Sep 4, 2013
    Male
    I too encountered this ... to make a long story short, use earphones. Works for me every time.

I would guess it's because of the Nexus 4 construction. The speaker is too close to the microphone, causing much feedback(echo) at the other end and crashes the system at your end.

If you do not want to use earphones, you can try lowering your volumes for speaker AND mic. Helps a lot, but still causes crashes eventually but will extend the overall time of the connection.... if you can stand barely hearing anything.

3. yazansan82

yazansan82 Lurker
    None

Dec 8, 2013
    thanks Wavefan for your feedback.
    i actually tried this and it worked. never thought the solution is so simple. i was wondering, does putting the phone in a case or an enclosure help stop this problem?

4. yazansan82

yazansan82 Lurker
    None

Dec 8, 2013
    so, after resolving the issue of restarting during a video call, the phone started to sometimes reboot after opening the camera to take a picture!!!
    so i'm officially fed up with it and dropped off at the service center...

5. yazansan82

yazansan82 Lurker
    None

Dec 8, 2013
    hi guys,
    been away for some time. happy to report that the problem is still there, and had to take the phone to the service center for a second time. waiting now for their feedback if there's any issues with the device.

Tags: