1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Video Chat Android to PC?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Falchion, May 22, 2011.

1. Falchion

Falchion Member

So I'm going to be away for several weeks this summer and would like to be able to video chat with friends and family using my Atrix and their PC's and Mac's. I thought Skype would be the natural choice but it no longer has video chat. I've also checked into some other apps like Qik, Vtok, and Yahoo Messenger but the first two didn't work at all and Yahoo dosen't use the front facing camera making it useless because what's the point if you can't see the other person.

Anyways what other options do I have?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Falchion

Falchion Member

Any ideas or is there anyway to fix Yahoo so that it uses the front facing camera?

3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

When the Nexus S came out it took some time for developers to update apps to support the FFC in the NS. Just give it some time.

4. wmm

wmm Android Enthusiast

At this point, none. The Google "Talk" application has been updated to allow video chat, but you need an OS upgrade in order to use it.

You could use Yahoo in front of a mirror.

5. davlid

davlid Lurker

Try Google Talk - works OK here (Scotland)

6. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

That is what I would have recommended, but right now I believe the only phone that it works on is the Nexus S because it is a feature of Android 2.3.4+

For the Atrix, I think the only option at this point is to see which devs support the phone first:

Yahoo
    ooVoo
    Tango (not sure if there is a PC/Mac client)

7. Falchion

Falchion Member

Ok thanks, I've checked all these out so I'll just keep my eye on them and see what happens :)

8. chrisinsocalif

chrisinsocalif Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the Google "Talk" application will work for any other Android versions in the future like 2.2?