• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

video chat app that can add skype users

flint24

Lurker
Mar 29, 2011
I just moved over to Xoom from Apple, but there is yet another problem with the transition. After reading I realized that the Xoom front camera is pretty much useless right now unless you can convince all your friends to switch over to gtalk. This is a major bummer so I'm looking around for some kind of options. Any kind that involves getting me to video chat with my skype friends. I've tried the Yahoo with Skype plugin but it doesn't update. The Skype video apk isn't for Xoom. Fring blocked Skype. Tango can't add Skype users. I can't find Oovoo for Xoom anywhere.

Am I missing anything else here?

Thinking outside the box, is there any way to add Skype users to working video chat apps for Android?

I wanna be for the cause here guys, but so far switching from Apple to Android has been a real pain in the ass.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones