1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Video Chat - Tab-To-PC - Finally!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Guitar4him, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Guitar4him

Guitar4him Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Network Administrator
    Well, it looks like the folks at ooVoo have been listening to our feedback about the problems with the ooVoo app. Apparently, they have released a new version of the app and it works just fine....no more sideways image from the front-facing camera on the Tab. I installed the PC app on 2 different laptops and doing video chats between my Tab and the laptops worked great. The video windows at times, showed some pixelation and there was some occasional audio noise. You do have to keep the Tab in a portrait orientation, but that's no issue. Overall, I was pretty pleased with the results. Right now, everything is free so you can't lose.

Advertisement

zubair0407, vargas and maui_babiee like this.
  2. bartlaroc

bartlaroc Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2010
    UK
    video worked fine for me also, but although i could hear the audio from the pc on the Tab, the mic on the tab does not seem to broadcast to the pc, it appears on the Oovoo forum that they are working on it.

3. Guitar4him

Guitar4him Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Network Administrator
    My audio is working great in both directions. I'll have to check out the forums and see what they're saying. Maybe, I'm just lucky.

Only thing I've found that I wish the PC app would do is have a setting to allow auto-answer on the video chat. I have that set up with Skype. During the day, with Skype, I can connect from my work laptop to my home laptop and see what the cats are up to. So far, I haven't been able to find any setting for auto-answer.

4. vargas

vargas Newbie
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    Put oovoo on my tab and my laptop after reading this and the video and audio work flawlessly!!!

Much respect to the Poster that found this app and tested it.

Worked great. Really excited for this when I travel to video chat with the wife and kids.

zubair0407 likes this.
  5. rohdawg11

rohdawg11 Newbie
    None

Aug 28, 2010
    Does anybody else have the "sync" symbol constantly showing in the notif. bar with ooVoo?

6. Guitar4him

Guitar4him Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Network Administrator
    Yeah, it sits there. However, it doesn't seem to do anything....no reported battery drain in the battery monitor and it doesn't show up in the "Task Manager". You can make it go away by.....

- Swipe down on notification bar to view contents
    - Tap the ooVoo entry
    - When the ooVoo app loads, tap the "Menu" softkey
    - Tap "Exit"

This will make it go away until the next time you restart your Tab. I've gotten where I just ignore it.

zubair0407 and rohdawg11 like this.
  7. rohdawg11

rohdawg11 Newbie
    None

Aug 28, 2010
    Thanks. Biggest thing I was concerned with was battery drain. I just started trying it this evening so I was trying to head-off any problems before hand.

I appreciate it.