1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General video chat

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by suntopper, Jun 7, 2011.

1. suntopper

suntopper Member
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    Pac NW
    Like a lot of people I'm thinking of upgrading to Charge during he Costco sale this month. I went to the Verizon store to check out the "big" three LTE phones today and the lady said that the Charge's FFC did not work for video chat. Can anyone confirm this? Also, I'm concerned that the hardware may not support video chat. Seem to me if it's laggy to begin with, then keeping up with a video stream might not be it's forte. I'm by no means an expert and really I'm not sure it matters to me but if I'm giving up my upgrade before GSII comes out then I'd like the basics.

TIA for any feedback.

Advertisement

2. draedie

draedie Newbie
    None

May 30, 2011
    My front facing camera works just fine. However, the video chatting part has been a bit disappoint in the ~ week I've had the phone. I downloaded Tango because I had heard good things about it, however we were completely unable to hear one another. Video seemed fine. After doing more research, there is a known glitch with the Charge and Tango which the developers are working on. Supposedly going to be fixed soon. I also tried Qik with even less success. For some reason, neither my nor my husband's phone was able to recognize that the other phone should be in the Qik contact list. I wasn't able to get far enough to tell if the program would work in general.

suntopper likes this.