1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Video converter for HTC desire

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by pravin_712, Apr 17, 2011.

1. pravin_712

pravin_712 Lurker
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Hi Friends,

I am using htc desire with android 2.2. I have tried many converters starting from Handbrake to Xilisoft to convert mp4 videos. My only concern is that i want
    to remove the black edges while conversion that occupy the space on screen.

I had psp and one of the apps i was using to do this was psp movie creator. Is there any similar app for android that removes those black edges. They are very annoying.

Advertisement

2. fanta

fanta Lurker
    None

have you try total video convertor?

3. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Your issue with black borders is an aspect ratio matter and can be handled differently.
    First of all, you can select in a video player to stretch the video on full screen. This will cover certain video data from edges, but may be very acceptable.
    Second, you can easily do this with a free video converter (Total Video Converter is not free). Try for example Xmedia Recode.

4. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    There are two methods of doing this, both I do not recommend as it will affect how you view the movie. The first is just to stretch the video up and down, to remove the black bars. However, this will make the video look stretched. The second, is to zoom and crop. This will keep the same aspect ratio, however you will lose a lot of video on the left and right sides.

5. pravin_712

pravin_712 Lurker
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    @Fanta: I tried total video converter. but no use :(

I will try conversion with xmedia recode and sony vegas and will let you guys now.

6. Brucew0617

None

Jan 27, 2011
    Earth
    Actually most of video converter can help you to get rid of black edges, no matter Handbrake or Xilisoft. When you edit your video with video converter, you should pay attention to the resolution after your cut the balck edges off, And when you convert your video out, you need to keep the resolution the same as the one which after you cut the balck edge off. Otherwise even though you had cut it off, but it will comes out again after your convert with another resolution. I'm using Leawo Video Converter, I don't know whether the other converters are the same as it, but I think most of converter have the similar functions and UI.

7. Janet55

Janet55 Newbie
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Yeah, Actually most of video converter can help you to get rid of black edges.
    I just use my Aneesoft Video converter to do this job for me, as it have the trim and crop function, which allows me to clear the black edges easily.