• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Video] How to Root with New Method - TowelRoot

It still works but u have to be completely stock . Then take the newest update now NI2. Then using Odin flash the NCG kernel. Root with towel root. Then uses supersu and disable Knox. The use Odin to flash to the newest NI2 kernel and your rooted on the latest 4.4.4 NI2 kernel update.

Still though, the method shown in the video does not work.

Upvote 0
I didn't watch video. I had my phone rooted and running extreme Syndicate rom on NE9 then new nha was released. So I flashed stock NE9 and took ota then flashed NCG kernel, rooted then flashed nha kernel.

Week later NI2 was released and I was rooted on stock NHA, so I took NI2 OTA flashed NCG kernel, rooted with towel root, and finally flashed back to NI2 kernel. Thus rooted on NI2 4.4.4.. Visit xda forums for further help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones