1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Video I found helpful! Root Metro Pcs Huawei Ascend

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidJane, Feb 11, 2011.

1. AndroidJane

AndroidJane Newbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvnedCubpuQ

I found this video helped clear a few things up for me. I've got it to memory up to where he replaces the bootloader audio file. Can anyone help me with cut and paste or replacing the .ogg file? Hope this helps you all some!

Advertisement

2. joetromundo

joetromundo Member

I done all that on my phone 3 weeks ago and it works perfect!

3. AndroidJane

AndroidJane Newbie

Can anyone help me with how to cut and paste or replace the .ogg file and how to get a downloaded .ogg file into that directory?? Because it's already done on his phone, that part is not shown and that's where I'm stuck... Jazziette?

4. AndroidJane

AndroidJane Newbie

5. AndroidJane

AndroidJane Newbie

I feel sad no one will answer me... did I do something wrong? Lol

6. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

I found this video helped clear a few things up for me. I've got it to memory up to where he replaces the bootloader audio file. Can anyone help me with cut and paste or replacing the .ogg file? Hope this helps you all some![/QUOTE]

Video already posted here: http://androidforums.com/ascend-all...tep-rooting-instructions-huawei-ascend-4.html

make sure you have d/l the Androotfile and install it. next d/l the .ogg file and place it on you memory card.i prefer the download folder on your sd card. next open androotfile and at the bottom click on super-user, it will ask do you want to run su command? choose ok...click ok when super user pops up also. now scroll down a little until you se sdcard folder and open it, scroll down to download folder where the .ogg file is. now scroll to you see bootStrapSound.ogg and tap and hold it... when the context menu comes up click copy. now click the back arrow key that says up 2 times that on the bottom of androotfile now scroll and click system than click media and than click audio than click ui, now click the paste button and it may say overwrite the current file cause the regular metro tone has the same name, just click yes or ok which ever comes up. next reboot your phone and enjoy....

7. AndroidJane

AndroidJane Newbie

8. AndroidJane

AndroidJane Newbie

I must have missed it and I've read that thread 50 times Lol

9. nuttmeg

lolz...i feel ya, btw was you able to get the droid sound in the right place....

10. AndroidJane

AndroidJane Newbie

I haven't done it yet but I've been thinking about that too.... I haven't even rooted yet! Still waiting (they take 50 years) for PayPal to transfer funds to buy Titbu - I want to do it all at the same time... I should just root right now Lol

11. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

Very interesting. AndRootFile looks really handy, moreso than Root Explorer. I think I'm going to have to download that and check it out.

12. nuttmeg