• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video, nextflix, hulu, xfinity and more

I got Netflix sorta working... Using the official Android Market Build, and after changing the /system/build.prop as documented and then rebooting I was able to play one video (only let it run a minute or so) The next time I launched Netflix it didn't give me an error but just displayed a black screen.

Not sure if is working consistantly for anyone yet or not.

Speaking of video, what is the best current ROM for fast video playback? I am running Customized Nookie Froyo eMMC 0.6.8 3/18 build and it seems to be pretty rock solid with everything but occasional wifi issues after waking from sleep. However the video playback seems pretty slow, including some stuff I transcoded for the Nook, netflix, etc. Can the Nook color do decent video playback using a different ROM?

Upvote 0
Not that I am aware....

But CRACKLE is working fairly well.... It offers TV shows and Movies for free now as it use to be like 5 bucks a month.

I have it installed and it is very watchable... Just don't freak at the quality of the opening commercial.... is is so low rez, it's unwatchable... But the content runs well... Not as smooth as Netflix, but not bad.

Lego

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones