• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video not working on GNex... does this make sense?

ignite91

Lurker
Jun 25, 2012
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out if two issues are related, and whether I have a hardware problem, or whether I'm looking at malware?

Firstly, my camera is toast. No apps that use the camera hardware can access it, not even flashlight apps that use the LED. I can't see anything in the system logs that explain what's going on. Any bug report produced includes a screenshot, and shows in the report that the screenshot process is using 50% CPU... is that normal?

My second issue is that no video will play on the device now. I've tried Netflix, YouTube, the native Video player, DoubleTwist, and probably a few more. Logs show LibEGL errors. The apps load correctly, but freeze as soon as I try to play anything.

This is on Android 4.0.4, and started happening out of the blue. I've factory reset, pulled the battery, and reflashed the stock ROM several times with no change.

Any ideas?

The exactly same issue happens to my Gnex.

Camera is not working, having problems with the gallery app, and videos won't play with hardware decoding(just through soft decoder, choppy as hell).

Has anyone worked on a solution?

Did you try clearing the data & cache for the camera, gallery, and youtube apps? Or do you have the GSM version and this is happening after the latest OTA update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones