1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Video Playback Issues (not built in cam video)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ayrshiredude, May 16, 2011.

1. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

Ok got an Asus Eee Transformer today and its a lovely piece of kit however I can't get video to play back. I have tried to play different formats downloaded from the net. One mp4 video will play however it like only shows a frame ever 20 secs or so. nothing else seems to play.

I have looked and cannot see any information as to what codecs can be used so am at a loss.

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ayrshiredude

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed that and, while it seems to have allowed me to play more formats they are still totally unwatchable. The video is very choppy and the ones that play sound is all distorted. Surely this thing should be able to play video out of the box?

3. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Android Enthusiast

Yes and no.... What programme did you use to rip the video? I've been using a registered version of Aura DVD Ripper (Xoom presets, 25fps, basic a/v sync) and so far - touch wood - playback's not been too bad.

4. ayrshiredude

They are different videos I have downloaded from the internet. They are in different formats avi, wmv, mp4 but none of them will play. Read somewhere that mobo player is a better player so tried that but still the same issues.

Gave Asus a call and they were as much use as a chocolate fire guard. Told me to do a full system reset, which I did, bit still same issues.

5. turbohobbit

Don't think a system reset will help as it's more of an encoding issue. Have you tried Googling for a video converter? I know there are some out there... Believe the TF requires the video to be h.264 codec to work properly, so you may need to convert or re-rip your movies basis this.

6. mihaelb

mihaelb Well-Known Member

AVIs work ok on my tablet, MKV files (h264) are choppy, though. using MoboPlayer.

When I first played videos with Mobo, it asked me if I want to let it download codecs, to which I said yes. Maybe you skipped that step? I think there was also a checkmark to tell it not to prompt again...

7. turbohobbit

THis is true, there are additional specific codecs for Mobo that you can download from the Market. I suggest you start downloading them individually, run video, and see if any of them help. It may be a longwinded process, but well worth it in the end.

8. you2

you2 Android Expert

I have no issues with moboplayer on avi/h.264 videos; I used mencoder (linux) to do the encoding.

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews