1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Video playback minor freezing issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EndOfLevelBoss, Apr 11, 2012.

1. EndOfLevelBoss

Hi,

The Note is brilliant for watching video but I have noticed that whenever I watch a show (saved on the microSD card) it appears to "freeze" for a split second a few minutes in. When it happens the screen goes black and then almost immediately the video continues and then it is fine. It's almost like the Note starts locking the screen and then realises that it shouldn't because playback is in progress.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

Cheers.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GiggityGiggity

GiggityGiggity Android Enthusiast

You don't state what video player you're using so I assume it's the built in one. I don't use it as I found it quite limited and very fussy about what videos it would play. I bought MX Video Player Pro and it's awesome. That doesn't answer your query I'm afraid but at least you know you aren't stuck with the standard player. ;)

3. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

That's funny because my stock video player plays much better than my MX Video Player. The MX sharpness quality isn't as good, and plays videos choppy, at least on my note.

4. GiggityGiggity

That's what I just love about the world of smartphones; an app that's really awesome on one person's phone is awful on someone else's! :thinking:

I just tried the standard video player again and it's playing everything I throw at it now. Vids it wouldn't play before are now working fine. I don't see any difference in quality though.

EndOfLevelBoss, just to get back on topic, when using the stock video player I'm still not getting the problem you describe.

5. EndOfLevelBoss

Sorry I should have said that I'm using the stock video player. It's not really that big an issue I just wondered if anyone had seen (and fixed) it. Cheers.

6. GiggityGiggity

Just to test it I changed my screen timeout to 30 seconds and started playing a video using the stock video player. It played the video normally and didn't do anything at the 30 second mark. Have you tried changing the display timeout and seeing if it does the same thing at the different time?

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews