1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Video playback problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ownagemaximus, May 19, 2011.

1. ownagemaximus

ownagemaximus Newbie

Ok so I just picked up a Nexus S 4G and i'm loving it. Came from the samsung epic 4g and glad I made the switch. There's only 1 quirk I have about it besides the back button occasionally freezing, mine seems to have a problem with playing back a movie that my father played flawlessly on his tmobile G2X. I have preloaded a blu-ray rip of the remastered ALIENS (great movie BTW) and it plays but I cannot fast forward the movie. It's some wierd thing with it, if i try to drag the playback bar it fast forwards, but only like 20 seconds no matter how long I drag it. It has been converted to an mp4 file and is about 3GB big. I have tried moboplayer and Summerplayer and both do the same thing. Does anyone know how to fix this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. m_bisson

m_bisson Newbie

I think it's fussy about the size of the video, in terms of pixel width/height.

I've tried two movies, and neither would play, yet they were both the correct file type. Just gotta find the dimensions of the screen and convert a video to fit it.

How did you get it to play at all? I'm curious :p

3. quantumrand

quantumrand Android Expert

Mp4 isn't a media codec itself, it is a container that contains a media file formatted with various codecs. The Nexus S only supports certain codecs out of the box (I don't recall which at the moment), but with apps like RockPlayer or Arc Media Player, you can play unsupported codecs.

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews