1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Video playback

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tayq1, Nov 23, 2011.

1. tayq1

tayq1 Lurker

Playback of Xvid, Divx, and other non HD mp4 video is very blocky on the Samsung galaxy note especially in dark parts of the videos, I had none of these problems on the galaxy s2 with the films running off the same memory card, is this a hardware issues it looks like poor contrast ratio but it only happens on some file types and is very evident on none HD content. Any help advice would be fantastic as i love the phone otherwise. Hope this is a software issue that can be fixed.

Advertisement

2. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast

Its a known issue. Some say there is nothing wrong with the phone its the videos which are at fault.

3. tayq1

tayq1 Lurker

My galaxy s2 played the files back fine. It's like it's a codec issue or some file types are getting no hardware acceleration for playback. It makes the screen look like a cheap TFT with no contrast ratio. I hope it's a software issues that will be fixed in future updates. Love the phone otherwise.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews