• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video Received MMS Errors: "video too large to view on this device"?

kasper779

Lurker
Jun 14, 2010
I've only had my EVO for 4 days now but I can't open any videos sent to me via messaging. My husband has an Instict and sent me a 20 second video of our daughter and when I tried to open it, I got a photo that said "Video too large to view on this device". The video is not that large so I'm not sure what's up.

Is there anyone else that is having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it???? We send videos of our kids all the time and I hate to think that I can't do that with a "state of the art" phone!!

I've only had my EVO for 4 days now but I can't open any videos sent to me via messaging. My husband has an Instict and sent me a 20 second video of our daughter and when I tried to open it, I got a photo that said "Video too large to view on this device". The video is not that large so I'm not sure what's up.

Is there anyone else that is having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it???? We send videos of our kids all the time and I hate to think that I can't do that with a "state of the art" phone!!

I am having the same issue, a friend sent my a less than 1MB video and I got the same error. Is there something I can change though rooting. :thinking:

Upvote 0

Just wanted to says that my wife had the Instinct (now the Evo) and when she sent me longer videos I got the same message on my Hero. I wonder if it is a problem with HTC receiving MMS. She just got the Evo so I have yet to test it with that phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones