• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

video recording issue

GorillaTheHutt

Nov 17, 2009
SF, CA
i don't record video very often, so i just noticed this problem after having my droid for almost a month. does anyone else experience this?

it's a little difficult to explain, but it seems like the automatic brightness of the video recorder is not working correctly. in low light scenarios, instead of the video getting brighter so you can see more, it actually gets DIMMER.

i can tell this because i set up a scenario where half the room is regular light and half is low light. things look fine in the regular light. additionally, things look fine when i have both sides of the room in the picture, and i can tell the droid adjusts a little because the the picture will get brighter, causing the regular light side to be very bright but the low light side to be visible (that's the expected behavior). then, when i pan to the low light side, i see the camera make a brightness adjustment again, but it gets dimmer rather than brighter, making it almost impossible to see anything. the screen basically turns black.

i'm sure this is not how it's supposed to work, but what i'm wondering is whether i have a faulty unit and should exchange or whether everyone has this issue.

did anyone understand this post? :eek:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones