• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video recording playback problem

HiI have had my One X for 2 days now, and I am having an issue with video recordings. When I play them back I get sound but no picture. I have just worked out that the brightness is down to a minimum giving me a black screen, I can just manage to make out the brightness tab at the top right, and if I'm quick enough slide the brightness up.This has to be done on each video individually, when I go out of gallery and back in again they have all gone back to zero brightness. Help! Does anyone know if there is a default setting on the phone anywhere, or any other suggestions to put this right.ThanksMichelle

Just downloaded the moboplayer app, and yes they play fine on that.

As for the pc, I played them through dropbox, and yes they all play, but it's the strangest thing - I got the phone on Friday, and all the messing around videos have a picture of the first frame. The ones I did on Saturday - after spending fri evening downloading my apps only have a logo of windows media player, and I have to double click and open the player to play them. It's as if something changed. They have exactly the same file extentions m-peg4, so I don't get it??

I am wondering if an app I downloaded has created a conflict?? Very confusing - and frustrating!! Thank you for the reply, though. What do you think\/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones